Estimate of territorial potential and market share, market segmentation, optimisation of the sales/distribution network, definition of sales objectives for agents and/or branches. These analyses are based on the identification of “territorial” benchmarks that require the application of geo-marketing and location intelligence techniques.
The analysis is divided into several stages:
- Analysis of the reference market. A careful analysis of the reference market is conducted on the basis of information of various kinds, internal and external to the tested party.
- Determination of the market area. The territorial area within which the consumers of the target company move. The determination of the area is made on the basis of distances and/or travel times referred to the locations of potential customers.
- Demand analysis. Reconstruction of the potential demand related to the market area. We proceed at a micro-territorial level (census-municipal-regional section) by crossing data from various sources, starting from the proprietary database EASYDAT.IT).
- Offer analysis. Identification of the reference company’s competitors in the reference market and in the market area. The identification starts from essential criteria (such as market, activity classification, independence, legal form, dimensioning, consolidated financial data) and is based on the crossing of sources of various kinds: structured data from commercial databases (e.g. Aida, Orbis ) and institutional data (e.g. Chamber of Commerce Register of Companies) and unstructured data, such as web and social information (e.g. Google maps). The competitors are geo-coded and for each of them the information of interest relating to the performance is collected (e.g. revenues, profit).
- Quali-quantitative analysis and calculation of the market potential for the various possible locations. The analysis involves the use of econometric techniques and GIS-type tools.
- Benchmarking analysis for the evaluation of productivity and positioning with respect to competitors (e.g. penetration, coverage, capillarity), with the same external and/or location factors with integration of the internal database with external data.
- Drafting of a detailed report: in order to ensure maximum transparency, an adequate description of all the steps of the analysis is provided, highlighting the search strategy and the comparability criteria adopted. In addition to the detailed report in text format, a summary of the work is provided in presentation format.